Lincoln had the day off work so we decided to venture into Pennsylvania (Gettysburg and Hershey). On the way we stopped to enjoy breakfast at Waffle House. Lincoln and I are both reading "Waffle Street", a book written by James Adams, a man in our Durham ward. In the book, James loses his finance job and begins working as a waiter at the local Waffle House. The stories in the book made us want to check out the restaurant (especially because we have never eaten there before). In case you are wondering, I had my hashbrowns smothered and Lincoln went the diced and covered route. Delish!

We stoped at the scenic outlook near Fredrick. I love the changing colors!

At the Gettysburg Visitor Center Evey poses with Lincoln's name sake-- Abraham Lincoln.

Evey and me at the Gettysburg Cemetary.

Lincoln and the barn that was struck by a canon during the war.
This is a side road we used to get back on track when we got lost on the self guided tour. It was a welcomed detour.
When we finished our site seeing in Gettysburg we drove a little further north to Hershey, PA. We went to Chocolate World-- which was weird. I guess the real factory stopped doing tours. Anyway, we only took one picture because we weren't very impressed. And it just so happens the picture didn't turn out very well.
Our plan for our next day trip is Philidelphia and Lancaster County (Amish country). Should be fun!
2 comments:
At last, I can keep up on your lives for free without texting!
Sorry you were disappointed in Hershey. I have to say that I like Lancaster county more (Amish). I wrote down some things for you so take it or leave it.
Intercourse, PA/Lancaster (the action is all in Intercourse no pun intended!)
Kitchen Kettle
I like to go to the Jam shop and watch them can the jam. There is a lot of sampling too for the kids with unique flavors to boot.
Candle Barn
Watch them dip and make the candles to sell. It is with in walking distance from Kitchen Kettle. You'll see a big tan building with CANDLE BARN written on the side. The entrance is on the side of the main entrance with a small door entrance from the outside. You are walking right towards it if you are leaving the Kichen Kettle Village heading East. On your way you'll pass a petting zoo and playground. Stop and get a fresh lemonade and cinnamon/sugar pretzel from Immergut (on the main road in front of the Kitchen Kettle).
Immergut
Fresh Lemonade and soft pretzel. Oh! it's my favorite.
Intercourse Pretzel Factory
Another pretzel place offering a free pretzel making tour where the kids could make a pretzel. http://www.intercoursepretzelfactory.com/grouptours.php. The kids will like this. You'll have to see when the tours are and when they close.
The People's Place Quilt Museum
http://www.ppquiltmuseum.com/ This doesn't sound interesting to many nonquilters, but mind you, even they will be amazed at these handmade Amish quilts. I've taken all of my company here and they were so impressed. This is right in front of the Kitchen Kettle on the main road across the street and down the road from Immergut Pretzels.
Buggy Rides- We haven't been on a buggy ride, but they are cute.
Post a Comment