Monday, September 6, 2010

Harper's Ferry

Today we took our first day trip since moving to Maryland. We decided to go to Harper's Ferry (in West Virginia but borders both Virginia and Maryland) because it's only a 45 minute drive and a VERY beautiful place.

Lincoln and Evey watching the passing train while standing next to the old church ruins.


Jenny and Evey in front of St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church. The stained glass was gorgeous!


Evey and Lincoln under the old train tracks near the Shenandoah River.



Other activities this weekend included playing at one of the neighborhood playgrounds (we have 3 within 1/4 of a mile from our place) and eating at the locals favorite ice cream joint, Brusters.

Evey loves the seesaw.


And, of course, chocolate ice cream.

3 comments:

Dimond Blogger said...

I hope you are loving Maryland! We always wanted to go to Harper's Ferry but never made it. That is awesome that you have so many parks close!

Marian said...

Jenny, I was missing you today! We were at American Village park and then passed your old place. Ashton and I are going walking for the first time without on Wednesday. We'll miss you!

Jenny said...

Have fun walking! I still haven't gound any walking buddies here but I'm on the hunt.

Halloween

Halloween might be the kids' favorite holiday. They both love dressing up in costumes and eating candy. This year Evey is a zookeeper an...