Thursday, May 7, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever...

This morning Evey and I headed to the Waller Family Farm (about a 5 minute drive) to pick some strawberries. It was a little muddy but that didn't stop us from having fun. Once Evey got the idea she didn't want to stop and we ended up with more strawberries than I wanted. I guess that's just how it goes.

As we were walk towards the field I unintentionally started to sing The Beatles' song "Strawberry Fields Forever". How appropriate.








I used this recipe to make jam. I haven't tasted it yet but people who reviewed the recipe seemed to be impressed. Hopefully we are too!

5 comments:

letitbeman said...

I'm excited to try the jam!! I wish I was there, these are so cute.

Ryan and Megan said...

love the Beatles reference. Looks like fun, we really want to do this sometime. Those strawberries look delicious!

rivets said...

What a fun thing to do. Evey looks like she is enjoying the job and being in the strawberry fields.

Loralee said...

...and now I can't get that song out of my head. :)

Sarah Smith said...

We used to do that in Oregon. I loved picking fresh fruit!un

Halloween

Halloween might be the kids' favorite holiday. They both love dressing up in costumes and eating candy. This year Evey is a zookeeper an...