Two weeks ago we headed to Wrightsville Beach (2.25 hours south of Durham). We got there early enough that our parking spot was AWESOME and we were able to get a nice shady spot under the pier.

The following weekend we meet up with some friends at the annual Cherry Point Air Show. Due to bad weather the show was delayed...but all was not lost. We were able to see a lot of aircraft, Lincoln particularly liked one of them. But now that I ask him to tell me the name he says he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Men.
The following day we went the the beach that was just across the street from the condo we were staying in. This is the actual boardwalk and beach. Google images really is something special.
Also near the condo is the city Beaufort, NC (pictured below). It's definitely a cute place.

The past several days Evey and I have explored some different playgrounds in Durham. Below is Duke Park (which we have been to a couple of times). Evey is still very cautious when it comes to climbing and sliding but she continues to love the swing.

Today we went to the Taste of Durham Festival. It was a lot of fun. There was live music, train rides, snow sledding (that's right, real snow), and good eats. We bought $10 worth of tokens and were able to eat a variety of dishes from about 5 of the 10+ restaurants with booths. Lincoln loved the baklava and my favorite was the Indian vegetable curry (it had some fancy name I can't remember now).

2 comments:
Sounds like you know your way around Durham better than I do and I have been here more than twice the amount of time you have. I would love to meet you at a park some time!
Lovely post. I like that the board walk by our condo looks better than it did in person. I have always wanted to go to that Taste of Durham. I just always thought it was horrendously expensive.
Post a Comment