Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Getaway

As part of Lincoln's graduation gift from me, I planned a weekend getaway to the beach. So, Friday we packed up and drove a short 3 hours to the Crystal Coast. We spend our days at the beach, pool, or walking the waterfront of Beaufort, NC. This weekend also happened to be the annual Cherry Point Air Show.

Evey has a love-hate relationship with water. I think I took this picture right before a wave (a very small wave) knocked her over and she started to scream.


We ventured into New Bern, NC to see the birthplace of Pepsi. While wandering downtown we happened upon a fudge shop. I think we would all agree the fudge shop was the highlight of New Bern.

Evey and I on the waterfront in Beaufort, NC


Lincoln and Evey in front of one of the many aircraft on display at Cherry Point.

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

Well it doesn't look so stormy this year. Did you see the wild horses?

Halloween

Halloween might be the kids' favorite holiday. They both love dressing up in costumes and eating candy. This year Evey is a zookeeper an...