
On our way to the starting point of the parkway we stopped in Asheville to see Biltmore (America's largest home). Unfortunately the admission was steep-- $55 a person! So, the picture below is from a google images. The other picture (Evey and Lincoln) is just outside Biltmore grounds at the visitor center.

But that's not what we saw. It was so rainy (and especially foggy) that we didn't see much at all. So all we saw were views like this (and this is a good one)...
The only good shot we got was taken once we got off the parkway and decided to take a country road to the interstate. I loved the bright green grass fields and all the grazing cows (none in this picture).
One of my favorite parts of the trip was going to The North Carolina Arboretum. They have the largest Bonsai collection in the US. They also have a bird exhibit that was pretty interesting
(you can see some fall colors (and that darn fog) in the background)


2 comments:
That is such a cute picture of Evey! It looks like you got to see some cool things! Too bad the fall views weren't quite as good as you were expecting!
Evey looks so pretty in that picture. Darn, I wish we would have stopped in for a visit to the arboretum. I love Banzais, ever since Mr. Miagi introduced them to me. What a fun trip. I wish I waa in the car with you to hear your commentary, you two are so funny.
Post a Comment