Thursday, January 7, 2010

Charleston, SC

This week we spent a few days in Charleston, SC. It is such a cute place!!! We were able to see a few plantations, Fort Sumter (where the Civil War started), Fort Moultrie, the harbor, and downtown (which has tons of little shops and an open-air market).
Lincoln has applied to a residency position at MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) so who knows, maybe I'll be living there in a few months!

Cooper Bridge-- I thought it was pretty cool looking.


Cannonball! Actually, 55.

Historic (and huge) homes on one side, the harbor on the other. Pretty nice walkway if you ask me.

Just one of the many, and I mean MANY churches we saw while driving around Charleston.
And another.

3 comments:

The Sherman's said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. Charleston is on my short list of places I want to go, but don't think I'm going to make it. Looks like a fun trip. Raleigh is also on my list so if you feel up to showing us around sometime, let me know. I'm excited to see where you guys will end up.

The Harrises said...

How fun! I love Charleston! The weather looks like it should have been warmer. Let us know where you get a job.

Marian said...

So you went to Fort Sumter? I hope you enjoyed it. I'm glad you got to see so much. There is so much to see that I saw something I'd never seen before last week!

Halloween

Halloween might be the kids' favorite holiday. They both love dressing up in costumes and eating candy. This year Evey is a zookeeper an...